The 19-year-old, born in Italy to Ivorian parents, had to endure monkey chants from some Cagliari fans during the game with the abuse intensifying when he scored after 85 minutes.
“Moise should not have done that and the Curva [fans] should not have reacted in that way,” the defender told Sky Sports Italia on Tuesday.
“Yesterday [Tuesday] I was interviewed right at the end of the game, and my words have been clearly misunderstood, probably because I was too hasty in the way I expressed my thoughts.
“Hours and years wouldn’t be enough to talk about this topic. I firmly condemn all forms of racism and discrimination. The abuses are not acceptable at all and this must not be misunderstood.”
Sterling leads condemnation
Netherlands and Lyon forward Memphis Depay directly addressed Bonucci on Twitter, posting: “I am disappointed in your reaction … We will not be quiet!” and Eni Aluko, who plays for Juventus’s women team, tweeted: “I choose to support my Juve counterpart not blame him.”
“The best way to respond to racism,” Kean had written on Instagram after the match, aside a picture of himself with arms outstretched.
A warning was issued to the crowd
Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri had also criticized Kean for his celebration on Tuesday, but went on to later say that the authorities did not want to tackle racism and described those racially abusing Kean as “idiots who do stupid things and ruin it for everyone else.”
Cagliari president, Tommaso Giulini, told Sky Italia that any Juventus player would have received the same treatment. “Kean was wrong as the Juventus players also said … if there were racist chants they must be condemned, of course,” he said.
Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini led the player protest to referee Piero Giacomelli, while Juve midfielder Blaise Matuidi — who complained last year that he was subject to racist abuse at the same stadium — also spoke to the referee and reportedly threatened to walk off.